Final Preperations In Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
September 9th 2009
Published: September 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On yer bikes!!!On yer bikes!!!On yer bikes!!!

After a morning cycle in Auckland.

Final Countdown!!!



We arrived in Auckland safely on Sunday morning after a 14 hour flight very tired and jetlagged! Following a days rest we began our preperations for the cycle on Monday when we visited Adventure Cycles to pick up all our equipment. A big thankyou must got to all the guys at the shop who worked for about 4 hours to make sure that our bikes were sorted and that we had everything we needed to complete the challenge.

On Tuesday and Wednesday we went cycling in and around Auckland to start preparing the legs for the next few weeks and to try and get our bums used to the bikes, as well as the task of practicing puncture repairs (hopefully we wont have too many!). The photo shows us outside our hostel, returning from a 35km peddle around the city. Today we plan to get all the final preperations made, including the final adjustments to the bikes as well as getting our rucksacks sent down to Christchurch.

Our fundraising officially hit the 3000pound mark this morning which we are both delighted about. Thanks to everyone who has donated so far. Anyone who is interested

in still donating should visit our justgiving site for more details at:

http://www.justgiving.com/newzealandcycle/

Needless to say with the ride starting tomorrow morning we are both a little anxious, but very excited about the challenge we face in the next few weeks! Heres hoping for some more sunshine!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb