Burn Out Complete


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 4th 2006
Published: February 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Mouse Trap CrewMouse Trap CrewMouse Trap Crew

The Gang that made the place a joy to stay at
Hey guys, marc and claire would like to take this oppotunity to appologise for being officially rubbish with the blogging of late, and we (well marc probably) will update you with all of the crazy antics we have got up to very soon. But breifly after taupo our destinations went....

Whangamata - swimming, digging a hole on hot beach (a thermal hot river runs into the sea)
Whitianga - Kayaking and meeting a heroic alaskan who has been a hippy on the road for what seemed like forever.
Coromandel town - visiting driving creek railway - hand made by a school teacher turned lunatic. and also being privilaged to see an inprontu concert from a concert guitarist from germany who happened to be staying in the same hostel - marc was awe struck.
Oponini, northland - relaxing for 2 days in torrential rain and reading a lot of books and meeting and greeting kauri trees.
cape reinga - the most northerly tip where you can see the pacific ocean and the tasman sea bumping into each other and generally having a barney about it.
Bay of Islands - in particular paihia where we finally burnt out and stayed for the
Goodbye TeamGoodbye TeamGoodbye Team

The bestest friends that ever there were - even they though needed a short break. Much holding back of tears.
best part of a week ,meeting some fantastic people - best best we've met so far. having fires on the beach with about 20 nationalities where i (marc) got to lead everyone in a singalong (the hight being the twist and shout/wild thing/la bamba medley). and eventually culminating in the big news.......

claire is still there and i'm not. i finally headed south with a swiss-german guy, a hungarian chap, and an english and danish girl. and claire is now stuck in the mousetrap (the hostel in the bay of islands) working a fantastic job for no money - but she does get free board. anyway before you start weeping it's only a temporary thing for a month while the marc and claire battery re-charges and then we will meet up in the south island and battle our way together again.

more specific news on what we've been doing soon and also more pics - promise.

for now sorry for the wait and we'll try and be better - claire now also has free internet so has no excuse!

i'll write again soon.

marc

p.s. message to claire - hey dude just wanted to say hi from somewhere different to you - wizzy. miss you and see you soon.





















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 88; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb