Ah, the sun...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
December 27th 2008
Published: December 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Sean and I have been out and about enjoying the sun all day. We went on a hunt this morning to find our motorcycle only to discover that everything is closed for the weekend being that it is Christmas/Boxing Day weekend. Ce la vie. We have found a few shops downtown, though, and will return to them on Monday to see if we can snag a deal on our way out of town. In the mean time we're looking into bus, car, etc options as backups. We also did our first grocery shopping trip. Food is a little less expensive here than in Seattle. They offer "dinner" here at the hostel so we'll be surviving off of that, and the fruit and PB & Nutella sandwich provisions we picked up at the grocery store.

On our treks around Auckland we've talked with several Kiwis. Very friendly people... Always willing to go an extra step to help us. And rumor has it that Auckland is the least friendly area of all of New Zealand. Crazy. In any case, Sean and I will get along just fine here. Auckland reminds us both of Victoria, BC. Sean says he feels kind of cheated having come all this way to end up back in Victoria. Haha. I like the city, but also am looking forward to getting out into the wilderness. Sean has fallen in love with kabobs and Auckland has them everywhere. We stopped at a place last night and had veggie and lamb kabobs. Yum.

This afternoon we met up with Andrew, our friend from the plane. We went out a threw this frisbee around, walked through Albert Park, walked along the waterfront, had a drink on the pier, spoke of music and travels and got a little sunburned. Albert Park has these really neat, winding trees that grow out instead of up. They're perfect reading trees. Andrew is a professional guitarist, and has found himself a couple gigs in town. We'll be following him to Father Ted's, an Irish Pub, tonight!

We'll try to update the blog as much as we can while at hostels, etc, as we won't be able to when we're away. We've had the camera with us today, too, so I promise to update with photos soon...

All the best,
S&E

Advertisement



27th December 2008

We'll follow your travels!!
Really looking forward to living vicariously through you while you experience New Zealand! Your mom tipped us off to the blog you're doing. THanks so much for sharing!! Have a wonderful time! WHat an adventure!!
28th December 2008

To My Birthday Boy !
To my Seane: i WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy Travels, many great experiences, good food, good friends, new friends and the love of your family! Twenty-five , I'm pretty sure that makes you a man! One I am VERY PRoud of... Sending all my LOve xoxoxoxox Your Very own, MOMMA
12th January 2009

Summer there?
Summer there, eh? I've boxed up a little snow to send. You should get it in a week or so. Enjoy. James

Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb