Arrival in New Zealand!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
December 14th 2008
Published: December 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Doug & Linda are looking to move to the Bay of Islands in New Zealand and are currently house hunting over there, they booked a flight to Auckland the same day as us so we could all go to the airport together. We said our goodbyes before security and then bumped into them again at the gate! As we boarded the plane Doug & Linda watched us and saw us take off. Was sad to leave Adelaide, a great place and had a really good time with dans rellos. But a new adventure awaits in New Zealand....

We arrived in Auckland after a flight from Adelaide (via Melbourne). I always hate having to search for people in a crowd, i feel like they can see me but i cant see them!! This was what it was like walking through arrivals in Auckland after the sniffer dog and declaring our shells in customs! Walking through i was looking for Jayn and then i seemed to wander off and leave Dan and they all sort of found me!! But was great to see Jayn again and also Philip came with Jayn too, nice for them to pick us up. Later on Rob came round and we all had Hells Pizza....wonder if this will make an appearance at home? Was very good...chicken and apricot was one of the flavours! Was good tho!

The next day we had a chill out day, had a nice lay-in in a double bed...rather than a bunk! When we finally got ourselves moving after breakie, uploading the 6 albums of adelaide and just loungin on the sofa chatting with Jayn...we went to a Black Sand Beach...it was only 20mins away from Jayn's and so strange! I saw a black sand beach last time i was in Auckland as a kid but didnt go on one...it gets everywhere and looks like tar, but it is black sand, from the volcanic rock im guessing :-) Saw starfish washed up on the shore, Jayn did the good deed of rescuing them and putting them back in the sea..also saw mussels washed up...i have to try mussels again, tried them in Jersey and were soooo good. As we are backpacking we havent been eating out so will try and save trying them for a nice restaurant by the sea...maybe Picton?

Our 2nd day we had another lazy day...was nice not to have to rush anywhere as we have been for the past 3 months!! But we did do something excting! We booked Jayn's flight to England!!!!!!! For the wedding of course, shame Jayn has to have her holiday in England but she is going to do Paris on the way home so not all bad!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb