Finger Puppets anyone?


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
June 13th 2008
Published: June 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone! We decided to update today rather than tomorrow because we had some time on our hands and tomorrow we are on an 11 hour bus ride and then when we get to Wellington we want to go watch the New Zealand vs. England rugby match, which is HUGE here!

So we slept for 12 hours, from 8:30 to 8:30 in our non-centrally heated room (the heater is on a timer, so it turns off after an hour) but we do have heating pads underneath the sheets which kept us warmer. But be sure, its chilly here at night! And by the way... that whole driving on the other side of the street thing... bizarre! We are still getting used to it. Today was a great day, bit warmer dressed today!

We went to the Auckland Zoo this morning, which was really cool! We had two highlights:

One, at the red Panda exhibit, Kim was kneeling down at the glass and twice a red panda ran up to her and put their paw up to her hand on the glass. Sooooo adorable, we decided we wanted to take one home, so we did in the form of a finger puppet.

Two.... WE FED GIRAFFES!!!!! So amazing! Their tongue is 45 centimeters long and we fed them celery. It was unreal. So we celebrated that, again, in the form of a finger puppet.

Next we headed to Kelly Tarlton's Underwater Antartica exhibit. Really neat, we watched the feeding of sting rays that were over 440 pounds! So cool. Then we walked along Mission Beach by the water and had the view of the harbor. Now we are just going to make some phone calls for hostel stuff and then going to eat before hitting the hay, since we need to be up at 5:30 to catch our bus to Wellington!

Love you and miss you!!!

Yours in Christ,

Kim and Dennis

P.S. Still no photos because although we found a USB port, it won't let us upload for some reason. We are going to try my camera next time... the photos are too big apparently and it is timing out. Frustrating me to no avail.

Advertisement



13th June 2008

It's cold in Alberta too!
Hey Guys, In watching the news at noon today, I heard that, in Banff and Jasper, it was ZERO degrees last night. This is summer in Alberta. However, it WAS light outside until 11pm. I'm loving hearing about your adventures. Keep the blogs coming:) Love you!
13th June 2008

Sounds wonderful!
Hope you got lots of pictures we can see at home. Sounds like the adventure gets better and better everyday. Take care, love you, miss you. Mom and Dad

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1115s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb