Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
March 15th 2008
Published: March 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Spent my birthday March 9th in Auckland. Went for dinner with Ross and Bonnie and Paul and Claire. We met Paul and Claire in Mexico last year and then they visited us in the summer. Also, this year we met for breakfast in Mexico while we were there. They are travelling in NZ for a month or so and then going to Australia. I wouldn't be surprised if we meet up with them somewhere else along the way.

Met up with friends of friends of Ross and Bonnie's and wow, did they treat us like royalty. They used to live in Powell River and live next door to friends of Ross and Bonnie's. We went over to their place for a magnificent barbeque lunch and lots of drinks and then the next day they picked Larry and I up and we went to the Auckland fish market and then out for lunch at thier favourite seafood restaurant and then for a wonderful drive along the coast and then to a winery for jazz in the park and more drinks. It was all places that we would never have gotten to on our own. It is amazing how generous total strangers are to tourists.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb