settling in to move out


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
November 1st 2005
Published: November 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

sky towersky towersky tower

this is the auckland sky tower. a pretty amazing construction. it's built to withstand some heavy heavy winds and earthquakes....all that stuff. it also affords amazing 360 degree views of the city.
we arrived in auckland early yesterday. meesh and i spent the day getting oriented in the city. we checked in where it was required and finished our paperwork for jobs we might get somewhere down the road....then we walked and walked and walked and walked. we ended up atop the skytower which affords a panoramic view of this city surrounded by ocean. in reality our day was uneventful, just all so new. refreshing is the right word i think. auckland cannot possibly overload one's senses, it can simply and patiently stimulate them. even test driving a car on the left side of the road didn't scare me....it would have anywhere else. meesh and i were both amazed at the aura of the city. for me it is a drastic change from the pace and feel of the u.s. cities i know. here the pace of people on the street is moderate and the nuances of each block are so neat to take in. auckland's layout is similar to la, very spread out, but it feels far less pretentious....it feels humble actually.
today we bought a car!! we were sticklers with the dealer. our new baby is a mint green
caitlin 1, meesh ??caitlin 1, meesh ??caitlin 1, meesh ??

haha. in a cute little telephone booth outside a grrrreat chocolate store in parnell.
1989 honda....a standard it came complete with an "i love jesus" sticker adjacent to the rear view mirror which we will be complimenting it with a big rainbow sticker. heh.
today i feel good. a little less in limbo since we arrived from fiji. it's nice to feel like i'm starting something real on my own. a great journey i suppose. for myself and for the people i love.

be well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

me on some dormant volcanome on some dormant volcano
me on some dormant volcano

i can't remember the name....i knew this was going to happen. auckland in the background.


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb