Arriving in New Zealand!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 10th 2008
Published: February 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand, about 1 million live here compared to 4 million in the whole country. It is built on around 40 volcanoes and has a harbor on each side so there are some nice views from the Sky Tower ( the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere, ..only because it has a massive pole on the top mind!). I walked to the biggest of the volcanoes Mt Eden and that has really nice views back over the city centre too.
There is not loads to do in Auckland but the museum in Domain Park is v. impressive. It’s the best museum I’ve been to in a while, it was really ‘fun’ with loads of info about how New Zealand was formed both physically and socially. There was even a simulation of what would happen if one of the volcanoes erupted now. They’re pretty sure it won’t happen for another 5 million years though!
I met 2 girls in my hostel, Base, and they’ve hired a car so me, Anita, a Dutch girl, and Matthew, one of the many Irish that seem not to be in Ireland!!, are joining them to travel around the North Island.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb