Jet lag no.2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
August 29th 2005
Published: September 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi there, gem again,
well early in the morning here in Auckland. We picked up my friends Elinor, Laura and Simon yesterday and yes there was some tears at the arrivals gate. Lovely to see them, feels very strange walking down the street and them being there. Their journey was very long as they have to be and they only managed 4 hours sleep and so were walking zombie all of yesterday. But they managed to stay awake till 9 so did better than me. We managed to navigate our way to the hotel through the maze of Auckland traffic. Think London but not recognising anything and no congestion charging. The hotel is clean, smart and has a fab shower and lounge area. Was getting panicy that it would be a horrible place due to the deal we got.

Today well I am awake early, had my breakfast and awaiting some life from the visitors. Hoping to explore a bit of Auckland today, I'd like to get to Skytower but all depends on how the jetlag is going.
More blogging soon.

Ta ra
Gem


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



30th August 2005

Hi Everyone
Hi to all of you. Just wanted to put a quick note on to say hi to Elinor, Laura and Simon. Glad to hear you made it out safely. Have a fantastic time over there and make sure you keep the blog up to date with pictures. I really wish I could be there, but the department of health just won't cope without me! See you all when you get back. Love Toni.

Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 74; dbt: 0.2007s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb