Groceries and Blisters and map reading lessons


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
February 25th 2007
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, i am hobbling along today. Feet hurt a bit from walking a fair amount in the flip-flops i bought in ariley beach. Nice to walk in, but hard on the feet. A few big blisters to boot. But i found a grocery store...at last! and finally found some food i can pack with me and simplify the costs of living. More pasta than i can eat in a week for 2 dollars..mmmm... thats gonna get old fast. lol.
As well, i think i might stay another night here until the 27th, since i want to get a 'hop on/off' bus package that wont kill my budget. Auckland is alot like a cross between downtown kamloops and vancouver. lots of places to go into, but alot smaller buildings, not as many 4000 floor skyrises like there were in sydney. A fair amount of pan handlers and homeless too i think.
Ibought a map book, and figured out why i was having problems in oz on fraser island with my gps being messed up. it turns out in Oz and NZ there are oz and Nz standards for coordinates. They dont use the GPS coordinates on all maps, only some, so the increments on the map is from a zero point off the coast of oz and NZ. That explains alot. So i bought a map book that has both. no topo but should give me some direction as to where to go to avoid the big cities and where to find gems.

PS thanks for the comment cari. hope you and the the little man are doing well!

Advertisement



25th February 2007

good luck
good luck man i will be sending your resume and depositing your check by monday . take car and have fun .
25th February 2007

hey richard,good to hear u landed in NZ!! see u joined us on bebo..what u think of fotos!! lots of em as u can c! b puttin ones of fraser,whitsundays up etc soon as find a computer quick nuff not to completely clean me while uploadin them! in cairns now,and honest it hasnt stopped pissin rain in last 4 or 5 days! wil hed either bac to sydney or mayb melbourne if it keeps it up,no point stayin somewhere jus to sample the hostel life!! talk later, Aoife

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb