Update from Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland
November 12th 2018
Published: November 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

SC writes. We have been in Auckland for two nights now but it seems that our "Safe Arrival" blog was not published properly, despite two attempts. Not sure what's going on but the wifi in our hotel is up and down and frankly unreliable.

So this is a quick update. If you see this please let us know. You should alo be able to view the "missing entry" by clicking a "view previous link".

Yesterday we did a pretty thorough exploration of the city and its more desirable areas: Parnell Road & Ponsonby Road. All very pleasent with loads of chic shops, nice eateries and some nice view of the city. Unfortunately / fortunately Cathy came down with a bad case of .... SHOPPING. She hit her stride and just kept going.

For my part I found "Real Grooovy Records" and spent a happy hour in there!

Food here has been great so far: super restaurants, lovely tasty food (and good beer) but a bit on the pricy side. I had the biggest omelette I've ever seen yesterday - see picture. More later if this blog goes ok..


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Auckland Cityscape from the eastAuckland Cityscape from the east
Auckland Cityscape from the east

Note the numbr of tall cranes - loads of development work


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb