Waiheke here we come


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Waiheke Island
February 21st 2011
Published: February 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

We woke up and headed down to get some breakfast in our hotel and then we headed out to use the internet and sort out the final elements to the Magic Bus tour. That is all now sorted so we have that to look forward to for the week after Waiheke.

We met Laura and Macky at the ferry, my old housemates and a couple who I haven't seen for such a long time. It was quite a surreal moment and we got on straight off the bat as if we had seen each other the day before. We got some food together and then we got on the Fullers ferry to Waiheke.

The weather closed in slightly as we got going and we had to head downstairs to enjoy our Steinlagers. We hoped for the Steiny pure, but they didn't have it much to Macky's distaste.

After arriving in Waiheke, we got a taxi to pick up our keys and then headed to our property. Words can't really explain how good this place is. The accommodation is bordering on the palace front. We went outside and checked out the view and apart from the slightly bad weather Onetangi Bay could be seen and I knew I would be spending some time in that water very shortly.

We then called Helen and James, these are the guys who are getting married and the reason why this NZ trip was put in motion for me. They could be seen from the bottom of our garden and we headed over there to say hello. Due to the weather the beach BBQ had to be cancelled, and we went to the Beach Front bar for some drinks and food. The food was ridiculous, I had some calamari, my favourite.

Friends that I haven't seen for ages were there. Ceire, Andy and Emma. After that we got back up to the bottle store (off licence) to get some booze and then headed to Helen and James' mental apartment on the top of the cliff to watch the sunset and see the stars, catch up with old friends and have some more food.

Next update to come soon.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb