Sweet as bro!!!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » South Auckland
January 5th 2007
Published: January 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Hello and Happy New Year!!!

First I have to apologise for the shocking lack of blogging, we have been so busy since we arrived here in New Zealand with xmas, new year and general Kiwi Experience bus shinanigans!!!

We spent our first 3 days in Auckland where we wandered around feeling very jet lagged and completely shocked by how expensive (compares to SA) and bloody cold it was! By cold I don't mean Sheffield in December cold of course, but still pretty chilly after South America!

We treated ourself at the Base hostel in Auckland and stayed in the Sanctuary level. No smelly boys, a free fluffly white towel (not so white now!), aveda hair products, hair driers and did I mention no smelly boys on the whole flor?! Oh and free champagne in the bar!

Auckland is a really nice city, we visited the museum (which has a fab floor dedicated to all things Maori), went to the acquarium (you know what Lau is like with her acquariums!), saw Borat at the cinema (cried laughing!), had our hair cut (L is dark again now!), had the most heavenly hot chocolate you will ever taste, went out on the raz, went up the Sky Tower (tallest building in Southern hemisphere) and generally took in the sights.

Although it is a nice city it did feel like you could be almost anywhere so we were really looking forward to heading out and seeing some of the amazing scenery NZ is so famous for!

The other thing we quickly realised is that kiwis are the warmest, friendliest and funniest people you could ever wish to meet! I think we are going to love it here!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb