Arriving in NZ - Auckland


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » North Shore
January 12th 2007
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello There.

Well i have been here a week now and only managed to get burnt once!!!

We have been so busy in our first week in Auckland -

- Went for a lovely walk on 'Long Bay' beach (this one is only 4 mins from their house). This is the day i got burnt!!! (yes, my first day here - typical!).

- Went to a winery and tasted some lovely fine wines and got to write comments about them all ( i put 'love it' next to every one!!!). Passed a lovely church which was in the middle of no where!

- We went to a cheese making place where we sat and had a really nice lunch which included all of the homemade cheeses - yum!

- Spent a day at 'Kelly Tarltons' an underground aquatic centre and we saw penguins! They were amazing.

- Sat and had 'fish n chips' by the sea!

- Sailed on a glass bottom boat at 'Goat Island'. We saw bright blue fish (the photos don't look as good as the real thing!)

- We also did something (what's the word?) ... well we went to the Auckland museum, and visited the winter gardens (good pics!!!)

- Took a boat across to the volcano - Rangitoto! This was amazing as the whole island was not only covered in moulten laval (dried of course) but there were so many trees and greenery just sprouting out everywhere!!!

- We met up on several occasions with Andrew and Paul's friends and also met a native hen!

- Had the best Indian i have ever had in my life! It had spinage in it and so itwas bright green. (I advise you to try it!)

- ...and we also trecked (or should i say drove. Imagine me and Kara trecking...he he he) up some of the 'mounts' to see some of the amazing views of Auckland: Mount Eden.

Well haven't we been busy. Next stop Paihia on the Magic Bus - Yippeeee!

Em x








Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



31st January 2007

WOW!!!!!
hey chick WOW WOW WOW it looks amazing!!! hope you having a brill time (by the looks of it and what kara has told me sounds like you are). it all looks so beautiful. well keep having fun check you later - neen :-)
2nd February 2007

Very nice flower.
Did you take the photo of the flower..... it's very good, maybe you should go into photography! Speak soon, Love Claire xxxx

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb