Our world tour Part 1


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
October 7th 2016
Published: October 7th 2016
Edit Blog Post

IMG_1824IMG_1824IMG_1824

We have arrived!
This was what you could call a real long day and that following a long yesterday as well. The layover day in Los Angeles turned out to be very nice, but with one caviat, we had to leave the hotel at 6.00 PM, whereas our flight was at 11.10 PM.

We spent abour 5 hours sitting a lounch at the airport. Although confortable, 5 hours are 5 hours.

Leaving on Wednesday at 11.10 turned out well nevertheless; we fell asleep shortly after boarding and we slept about 6 hours, which with a flight of 13 hours is nice, but not great.

Watching movies and drifting into sleep every once in a while, we arrived on Friday at 8.00 AM. Thursday never existed! Kind of strange.

We were picked up at the airport and taken to our hotel. A nice outfit with all the comfort.

After having rested somewhat we went to the local museum (the Auckland museum), something quite different from what you expect a museum to be, but nice in its way.

We decided to go to the museum because when we were about to leave the hotel, it started raining hard, something that
IMG_1821IMG_1821IMG_1821

The Auckland Museum
we found out happens here quite frequently. Fortunately the showers don't take long, nevertheless being outside at the wrong time may get you soaked.

After lunch we did the rounds downtown. A couple of points of interest, lots of young people on the street and from all kind of races, a real melting pot. Although, as we were told, Auckland is a city of over 1 million inhabitants, the impression that it leaves is one of a small town with a character distinctly different from similar size cities in other countries. Refreshing.

When writing this note, it is 6.00 PM and we have the impression that it is much later. We will turn in early tonight so we can rise in time to pick up our car tomorrow at 9.00 AM and start our roadtrip around the north island of the country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

IMG_1820IMG_1820
IMG_1820

City view from Museum
IMG_1823IMG_1823
IMG_1823

Street view Auckland
IMG_1825IMG_1825
IMG_1825

Sky needle part of a casino hotel.


Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb