The Last Full Day in New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » North Island » Auckland » Central
March 11th 2009
Published: March 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After enjoying a lie in we got up to get ready to meet one of our kiwi friends who we met in England a couple of years ago- Moniquea. She actually lives in the Bay of Islands in KeriKeri, but is at uni in Aukland. We met about lunch time and had a nice lunch catching up, she had classes at 2:00 but we arranged to meet her after uni at 5 and then go back to her house in Kingsland a bit further out of the city. Em and I went back to the hostel to pack our bags for our flight the next day and then we had a wander through the city to pick Meeks (Moniquea) up and walk back to her house which was about a 45minute walk. On the way back she got a call from her sister, Rachel who had locked her car keys in the car in an area called Parnel where she was at art school, so we head off over there and met Rachel who was really cool. We all went to this chocolate shop and cafe where they did the most awesome hot chocolates then just as we were leaving there was the hardest downpour of rain and we got completely soaked through! Finally about 2 hours after leaving the city we arrived at Meeks' house. It was such a nice house, with loads of decking and quite a big garden; we met her house mates, two guys and a girl and then about 9 we went up to her local pub for some dinner which was really good, then back to Meeks' house before she drove us back in the city to our hostel.
We had such an awesome evening and we can't wait for Meeks to come to England so we can see her again.

Also we've just had the most awesome time in New Zealand and we're really sad to leave. In 5 weeks we've swum with dolphins, hiked a glacier, done a bungy jump, done the world's highest canyon swing, black water rafting, the tongariro crossing, sailed around the bay of islands and probably loads more things I've not mentioned and met some incredible people.
Kia Ora New Zealand, G'day Australia!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb