Close But Still No Cigar


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I guess I should have written this entry a few days ago. However, after the last tirade I wasn't sure if it would be such a good idea. Anyway, the gist is this: we thought that we were in the clear (ish). That our passports + visa should be arriving pretty soon. Instead we came home last week to a message from the high commission telling us that we hadn't filled in all of the questions and that they needed a copy of our marriage certificate. It says nowhere in their form that you need to provide a marriage certificate as one of your supporting documents. To find this out now, six weeks (nearly to the day) since we sent in our applications is a little disconcerting. It says on the website that all applications are being handled within five weeks. Here we are at six weeks and it appears that they're only just getting around to checking our application prior to processing it. We don't actually have a certificate - just the document we filled out on the wedding day. It turns out that that will be enough though - so we have sent it in. To be on the safe side we also ordered a copy of our marriage certificate. Which arrived on a day when the heavens opened and rain happened. The envelope containing our certificate and hence the certificate, got completely drenched as the posty had only half put it in the box. Thankfully, the junk mail had been placed carefully within the box and was dry. Oh and the question we didn't answer? In the section entitled "to be filled out by adults travelling with children" there is a questions "do you have any children?". Well, we were't travelling with children, so we didn't fill out this section...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb