Tales of the South Pacific


Advertisement
Oceania » New Caledonia
October 9th 2012
Published: October 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

9 October 2012 Tuesday. We arrived at Lifou Island of New Caledonia shortly after breakfast. The weather was overcast once again. Nevertheless, Linda and I lined up on the sixth deck for the pass to get on the tender which would take us to shore. The island looked interesting from the ship…a low lying limestone and coral island with plenty of palm trees and some stretches of white sandy beac... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




14th October 2012

Great Job
15th October 2012

Right behind you
Hi guys. We are arriving in Pt Vila tomorrow. You obviously had more internet success on your boat than we have had. It has been down or unusable most of the time. Today is the first day I have been able to access TB since we sailed. Glad you are having a good time. Have my blogs written but they will have to wait till we get home next week.
16th October 2012

The only time we had internet access was for 20 minutes in Suva, Fiji, after which I lost the connection. To minimize my time online I wrote my blogs on Word, and then cut and pasted onto TB. For pictures, I labeled them in numerical order so when I uploaded them I could reorder them quickly using the number. You may wish to wait until you arrive in Sydney to post your blogs! We had calm seas except for one night...hope you are having smooth sailing.
16th October 2012

Repositioning cruise
I guess the weather being a little marginal is why it is a repositioning cruise but sounds like you are having fun. The islands you are exploring are great. How full is the ship? 50%?
16th October 2012

The ship had 2100 passengers out of a capacity of 2200.
16th October 2012

Green with Envy ;)
Looks like you are both having a great time. New Caledonia has always been of fascination to me being as there are many species of palm tree that are endemic to this area. Then again, as long as we have access to a coconut palm to sit under and a cold beer, most of us guys will be exceedingly content. I dare say you will be having a beer with Dave in the next day or two, so please, have one for me too :)
17th October 2012

Yes on the beer
We took many pictures of us drinking beer to add to the beer forum. We even have pictures of the flora specifically for you to identify. I hope to post the Sydney blogs soon. Thanks for commenting.
17th October 2012

Bring it on Bob :)
I love a horticultural challenge...But do wait until you get home, of course ;) I hope you both enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb