At Sea - Bound for Sydney, Australia


Advertisement
New Caledonia's flag
Oceania » New Caledonia
February 14th 2007
Published: February 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 29 - February 13, 2007, Tuesday, At Sea Bound for Sydney

Time: 1:50 pm, Tuesday (8:50 pm, Monday CST)
Latitude: 26 degrees 10.40 minutes S
Longitude: 161 degrees 33.73 minutes E
Speed: 19.1 knots
Seas: 4-7.5’
Wind: 30 knots (the ship is really rocking again with these winds!)
Distance traveled from FLL: 10,442 nautical miles
Distance to Sydney: 721 nm
Weather: 74 degrees / 82% humidity, partly cloudy with showers

Day 30 - February 14, 2007, Wednesday, At Sea Still Bound for Sydney

Time: 6:55 am, Wednesday (1:55 pm, Tuesday CST)
Latitude: 29 degrees 47.74 minutes S
Longitude: 156 degrees 57.81 minutes E
Speed: 19.6 knots
Seas: 4-7.5’ (Seas are seemingly calmer than yesterday, so far!)
Wind: 12.9 knots
Distance traveled from FLL: 10,772 nautical miles
Distance to Sydney: 392 nm
Weather: 74 degrees / 71% humidity, partly cloudy

These last couple of days on the ship are busy ones! It is Valentine’s Day today! Happy Valentines Day to all of you! We had no idea that this holiday would be celebrated on this cruise ship but it is! We even saw stores a few days ago in Fiji decorated with red hearts all over! Tonight is the Valentine’s Ball and since the boys have been learning dance steps with the dance instructors on the ship every sea day since we left home, they are ready to put those lessons to use! But before we dance, we have to PACK! Oh what a job it will be especially since we have collected quite a few things these last thirty days….Tomorrow we arrive in Sydney and we are told it is one of the most beautiful cities in the world as well as one of the most beautiful to sail into. So we will be up and out of our cabin early in the morning to celebrate our arrival into the city. Our ship will be docking right downtown in the Circular Quay area so once there it will be very easy to get around the city. We will spend tomorrow night on the ship, but will depart the Amsterdam early Friday morning with all of our baggage in tow. The next five days we will spend touring Sydney and nearby areas. We are so excited--we are craving city life at this point!




Advertisement



14th February 2007

Excellent Adventure
Wow, it is hard to believe that it has been a month since you left for your "excellent adventure"! I love traveling along with you through the blogs. You truly have been blessed to be able to see and experience the beautiful sites of the world. We have been blessed to be able to share some of this with you. Gail, we miss you!! We have been charting your journey on the map. It's our morning ritual. Be safe!
21st February 2007

Sounds like you all are having fun. We were watching Fox news 2/20 and thought we saw you on the outside deck arriving in Sydney. Have fun. Love Danny, Tifanie and Tristin

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.6kb