late Entry - Last day and trip home


Advertisement
Kiribati's flag
Oceania » Kiribati
April 16th 2012
Published: April 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We made the most of our last day in New Zealand. Right next to our hotel is the Antarctic Adventure Museum. Cool place. Worth checking out and right next to Christchurch Airport. We watched the penguins swim and get their lunch of live fish. Then had just enough time to be a part of an Antarctic storm in the Snow and Ice Experience exhibit. We put on these big heavy parka's and entered this room filled with snow and an ice slide. The room darkens, the wind starts to blow and the temperature lowers to about 10 degrees F. Pretty cool way to spend some time prior to getting on our flight to Auckland.

Our itinerary took us with Air New Zealand from Christchurch to Auckland with a point of entry to the U.S. in San Francisco. Long time to travel, but enjoyable until.....we reached the U.S. Our plane to Denver was late. We would miss our connection in Denver. Our choice was to flight the Chicago or Denver and overnight or stay in San Francisco. We choose to get as far as Denver to get a non-stop home the next day.

Got into Denver around 11pm. The airline gave us complimentary overnight at the Raddison and coupons for $30.00 toward food. By the time we checked in, ate (no food since 4pm) and got into bed it was about midnight. We had to get up at 3 am to get back to the airport for a 6am flight.

Finally landed at our home airport and 1 bag didn't make it. So while we were talking with the agent to trace bag we got a parking ticket. Welcome home!

The trip was a great success and we would all go back to New Zealand any time!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb