Papeete


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti
April 2nd 2015
Published: April 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After some unexpected flight changes we finally arrived in Papeete around midnight. On our flight from New Zealand to Papeete we were surprised to find Alex's cousin was flying the plan, this was unexpected and Alex was pleased to catch-up with her cousin after a number of years. We found our hotel the Tahiti Nui in a good location in the middle of town, close enough to walk in for breakfast and then drinks and music in the evening. Our first full day in Papeete was spent taking a tour with a family group of Americans who were great fun, we had lots of laughs in the back of the four wheel drive. Teiva our fantastic tour guide was the owner operator of Tahiti Discovery Tours. Having spent his life living as a traditional Tahitian Teiva was able to give us a great insight into the history and lifestyle of the islands.

Every other tour group wanted to be photographed with our gorgeous (according to Alex) guide in his traditional dress which he explained was his every day form of dress. Our full day tour traveled into the middle of the island to the extinct volcano where had lunch within the enormous crater. Our guide not only took us further inland than the other tours but stopped to show us edible plants and pick Guavas off the trees which we happily ate in the back of the land rover bouncing along the dirt tracks. We all agreed we had picked the best tour in Papeete. Now heading off to the docks to board our ship the Marina for a 17 night cruise, next stop Moorea.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb