Tahiti and a brief visit


Advertisement
French Polynesia's flag
Oceania » French Polynesia » Tahiti » Papeete
August 30th 2017
Published: August 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at 5:00 AM in the morning at the Meridian Hotel fully expecting to be ferreted into a day room. Little did we know that our room was ready,. Naturellment! After all, we were in French Polynesian Isle!!




Petit Quebec with a slice of parisian accent, is how I would describe it.Our hotel greeter was a superb greeter who we tried to accentuate with our situation and succeeded. We told her that it was our 40th wedding anniversary, and would like le "speciale" . and we got it!




We were upgraded to a full front view suite of le "ocean" with an overview of the over the water bungalows.We managed to secure le "breakfast" which included le 'Sushi" as well as les "2 cocktails" at 17.50 $ chaque, and a free ride into town to experience le "village.




On our first day at the resort, we meandered in town near the cruise ships, intermingled with the locals, and experienced the ambiance and the floral beauty of the Island. Most men and women wear flowers edged into the side of their ears. We then vegged on the beach until I got bored and decided to

snorkel my way into the day under the "over the water" bungalows. . That first night we were treated to the Tahitian experience of dance. Verrrry sensual and rhythmic. I must say current with the beat of today's music.

We rented a car for the day on our last day , and decided to meander around le petit isle, hoping to see spectacular views. Coastal driving is special, in that the vistas offered up a smorgasborg of visual delicacies you could only hope to see on TV, wave after wave of beauty, which translated into beaches galore! Which beaches to choose from! So many!

As we meandered around the Island, we were struck by the little things, like the flat pebbled beach where the rocks wobbled as the waves receded, and made an eerie noise that sounded like boiling water. We met some locals , who we thought were very special when they actually came out to greet us as we were admiring the view where we thought was out in the middle of nowhere.

I would take away from Tahiti , the eloquent beauty of the people, and the genuineness as well, in protraying themselves as a unique culture catering to tourism.











i





Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



31st August 2017

Tahiti looks beautiful!
Through your images and commentary, I feel as if I have a truer sense of the beauty of not only the countryside but also of its peoples. Enjoy your journey!

Tot: 0.461s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 12; qc: 79; dbt: 0.1374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb