Reflections on Looking Forward


This journal has been deleted.
COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

23rd July 2004

touched, and inspired.
Dear Cate and Cam, your whole journey was inspirational , but the last blog was very touching, reading provides hope . Welcome, glad your are safe,and that your adventures sound soo complete on many levels. Monica
23rd July 2004

Congratulations you guys. That trip sounds awesome. I admittedly did not read all your blogs but I read the last one which was very interesting (i was attracted by the fiji pic). I'll be around this weekend but I'm leaving for Mexico on tuesday. Hoepfully we can have a beer together before I go. Paris.
30th July 2004

I\'ve been following your travels for the past couple months now (your blogs being one of the few well written ones on this site), and am almost sad to read this last one. Thank you for bringing an insightful touch to vicarious world travel--best wishes at home and future adventures!
10th August 2004

The Incredible Journey of Cam & Katelyn
Your journal is amazing, just like the two of you. It is extremely well written and entertaining. Your vivid description of your travels was exhilarating. Felt like I was there with you. Thank you for keeping such a fascinating account and for sharing it.
8th June 2005

I came in for the Fiji pic but that was an amazing entry, good luck to you.
29th September 2005

good post. i hope since you raised some issues you are open to comment. - i think you should feel lucky your "discrimination" was a merely money centric. that is, it could be solved by handing over a few coins. from your travels i am sure you are aware this is not available in reverse. - you sound like educated people so it was a shame to read that you were only now hearing about how america is perceived in foreign press. hopefully your travels will show you its important to read as many other country's/capital city’s newspapers on a daily basis. - i wonder how after all your travels you think its important to keep america as a leading 'superpower'. it is a hard mind set to shake. - you note, and i guess it is true to some extent, as i recall in my experience nearly all americans i meet say they are canadian and put the maple leaf flag on their bags. often i am told its for safety, sometimes shame. i hope you get the opportunity to travel more.
19th October 2005

Awesome!
Great writting,I'm a S.African(black female)Very interesting.obviously that caught my attention.what you observed is so true..and i hope the whole world gets to know about this so that people can move forward and learn.It sad,but i hope you had a wonderful time.
3rd November 2005

Thanks
Glad i found this. As an aussie i found your perspective on Australia fascinating (i've been to the places you went) and your travel agents a little naive (you did indeed arrive smack bang in the middle of uni and school holidays). Finally though, i learnt alot about what makes a good blog and GREAT photos by the way - as a photographer i am impressed. Hopefully mine will be as good as yours. I pray that your spirit of gratefulness and appreciation of each other only grows over the years. goanna
17th June 2006

Hi
Great travel blog and excellent last post. I hope you are both still thriving and enjoying life. I truly believe that travel can open our eyes to the rest of the world more than anything else. And I hope that your blog will inspire others to get out there and experience life. Best wishes, Ruth.
29th October 2006

You guys make me sick...
Not that I'm jaded or anything - no!!! Celebrating a 4 year anniversary and not wanting to kill eachother after how many months travelling? Jeez louise, are you two even real? I loved every bit of your blog and was a little sad when it ended. Such amazing travels. I'm from Australia (Northern Territory) so yeah, not drinking makes you kinda weak but then again...rats in temples.... I'm heading to india to volunteer in an orphanage in Jaipur so thanks muchly for the insight. Just great! Many a puja for your 5th year of wedded bliss - maybe just go to dinner this time.

Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb