Fiji Adventures


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji
April 24th 2023
Published: April 24th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Our next port was in Lautoka, Fiji where we did our first excursion – a sailboat to Tivua Island. This was a private island for the Captain Cook sailing company that operated the catamaran! They squeezed 156 of us onto this boat and started our sail by performing a Fijian song on the bow of the ship. The sail was less than an hour and we spent the day on the private island, sunning, snorkeling and reading. They served a delicious bar-b-que lunch, and it was all you could drink at the bar. This sounds wonderful but the only white wine they had was Sauvignon Blanc, so we definitely didn’t get our money’s worth at this bar!!!



The return sail was filled with music and singing by the crew and Darold and I taught them a new sailor song: “What do you do with a drunken sailor” so they could increase their repertoire!



As we sailed from Lautoka, a rainbow formed over the island – what a pretty sight! I tried to capture it in this picture but it is nothing compared to the real life experience which was a stunning rainbow!



That night on the ship we were entertained by a boys band from the UK called the RK’s (royal kickarounds). They were a tribute group that did 50’s and 60’s music dressed in burgundy suit jackets and looking totally from that era! Their banter and jokes had the entire audience in stitches and loving their act!



The second stop in Fiji was in Savusavu where we took a taxi to the fabled “Blue Lagoon”. This was recommended by the Cruise Entertainment director who obviously never ever went there! It was pretty but not the nicest beach. We later found out there were better beaches closer to the ship!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



24th April 2023

Drunken Sailor - what do you really do with them
I of course cannot get the damn song out of my head!!!!

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb