Beachcomber


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Yasawa Islands
May 20th 2009
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so final stop around the islands for meeeee. Beachcomber was the first island of the Mamanucas to have a resort built on it, back in the 1960s and since then has tried to maintain its 'party island' reputation. it definitely has a great atmosphere to it, the bar is always open and willing to serve, with many a day tripper coming to the island so its always buzzing. The food was FAB; huge buffet with loads of fruit and much less carb (mother will b glad to note. and me for that matter). Alcohol was more expensive but thats to be expected.

So i spent the first day jus chhilling in the sun; having just lost all my ned pals, i wasnt in the mood to start being sociable again, which i know is bad but im quite happy with my own company these days; i jus went n sat n watched the sunset; even if i was sat on my own at that particular point in time, im in Fiji, nothing can be so bad! I was in fact in bed by 9ppm that nightm, in the 100 bed dorm, not cool! It was soooo wierd waking up, i couldnt work out where i was, jus beds everywhere!

Had a much better day the next day, got chatting to an aussie girl in the bed above me and then saw Sarah and Liv again, who id seen on Coral view, had a nice old catch up with them, fell asleep in the sun and burned my bum, which was not cool! went snorkelling but it was waay too choppy so i gave up after 5 minutes; theres no point of you cant c anything, and we also very nearly got run over by an arsehole jet skier whop jus drove straight through the middle of us. It was a good thing it was wiindy so u couldnt hear me swearing!

Had a more fun evening with yummy frozen cocktails, a bit more Bula dancing (some of the women looked like they did not want to be there. I know iv said it before but they r absolutel troopers to be doing this time and time again. I couldnt!). They play klike pumping dance music from about 8pm, waay to early to start dancing, they could have done with playing some party games or something to get people warmed up but by 11pm we were jus getting a bit bored really!

Im back in nadi again now, off to Hawaii tomorrow, wooooop. cannot wait!
xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb