Fiji


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Nadi
September 24th 2005
Published: October 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We get on the boat at Denarau, which is a really nice seaside, planned- development with some very expensive homes and boats. We left on a speedboat around 9:00 am and picked up some other people at two different islands, before transferring to the tall sailing ship, Seaspray. It was quite windy and the transfer in the dinghy was a little tricky. We talked to a really cute kid on the Seaspray that quit his job for Nestle in England to travel around for a year. He was getting ready to go to the US for a while before returning to England.
We went ashore to a Fiji village for yet another Kava ceremony while they were setting up our lunch on the Seaspray. It was a little more a tourist venture than our other village excursion. I told our guide about our trip to Viseisei and he was quite impressed. He said that was a very modern village since their chief is the president. As we were transferring back to the boat the dinghy lost power and they couldn’t get it started. It was really windy and the sea was rough so some of the people got very nervous that we would turn over, but they finally got the boat started and we made a successful transfer. The buffet lunch was wonderful with green salads that we had not gotten in Fiji.
We then went to the uninhabited island where they filmed the movie “The Castaway” and messed around on the beach. We could have snorkeled but it was so windy that I thought we would be scraped around on the coral.
We got back to the resort about 8:00 pm, very tired. We ate dinner and told Vince and Dee that we would contact them when we got to Rotorua.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb