Taking a break


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Viti Levu » Coral Coast
April 3rd 2008
Published: April 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 178 - Sunday 16 March

I've managed to catch up on all my sleep and was feeling rather refreshed at 9am. All the resorts offer to arrange your transport for you but we think like Asia often it might be cheaper to do it yourself and take a local bus. I also think its more fun mixing with the locals. It turns out we were right,although because its a sunday the bus into town wasn´t running. Nethertheless a taxi only cost us a quid each and the bus was $6 (2 quid). God i love Fiji already. It also has a good feel to it unlike Australia or New Zealand so i´m in a really good mood.

We haven´t really planned what were doing here infact it was only on a whim a couple of hours ago that we decided to come to Karotogo. Its only a village but its on the coast and has a beach. What more can you want. Unfortunately theres only 3 resorts here and 2 of them are quite expensive. The only cheap one has no dorm rooms left but luckily for us they gave us one of the staff rooms for only $20 each (just over 6 quid). So once again we have our own room tonight so won´t be woken by bloddy plastic bags.

As I say its only a village so theres not much there but its the beach were after. Unfortunately its not that sandy a beach, were staying in an area called the coral coast so like the name suggests theres loads of coral in the sea and it washes onto the beach making it uncomfortable to lie on. The sea however is clean and warm and we can sit by the pool in the resort and I can get my tan back. So as you can imagine the whole afternoon was spent being lazy lying in the sun.

As its so hot by late afternoon the clouds roll in and theres an enormous downpour and i mean it poured down. It didn´t really matter we were having a rest and it stopped long enough for us to dash out to a local resturant for dinner before starting again. As I say theres not much here so the nightlifes non existent. Instead I sat listening to the rain and read my book. Strange but I don´t mind doing that here.

Day 179 - Monday 17 March

Waking up you can tell its going to be another scorcher today. So after getting breakfast we took the local bus into town. As were going to move on tomorrow we need to use the internet to decide upon the best thing to do. Unfortuantely its a public holiday today and the whole town was shut up with the exception of a couple of supermarkets. After having a quick wander round and saying Bula to just about everyone we headed back to the resort. I needed to cool off so jumped straight into the pool.

Once again early evening the rain arrrived so reluctantly I studied some more spanish. By now I should know quite a bit but I keep forgetting it. It continued to pour all evening and eventually we had to head into the rain to get dinner. Yesterday our resort had been busy but today everybody checked out leaving me and Russ as the only guests. It was eerily quiet but we had a big bottle of beer each to keep us company and watched yet another dvd. I´m beginning to run out of ones to watch.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.08s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb