Fiji - In The Beginning


Advertisement
Fiji's flag
Oceania » Fiji » Nadi
November 28th 2008
Published: November 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bula from Fiji,

We had arranged a hotel, Sandalwood Lodge, in Nadi for the first 3 nights and it was fine.

The people here are unbelievably friendly. Road workmen shout "Bula" to us from the other side of the road and are even more friendly when they find out we are from "The Mother Country". By the time we had been here 24 hours, we had been invited to 2 homes for Christmas.

However, our destinations are 3 of the Yasawa Islands and we had to arrange to travel there. With the help of our hotel reception, we bit the bullet and spent 240 pounds to hire a seaplane. We go tomorrow, Saturday. We must reduce our luggage though by 17kg. Our hotel offered to look after a case for us whilst we are away, so we have started filling our largest case with items (Michelle's clothes) that we do not necessarily need. The case was soon full.

There are a group of 'western' people in our hotel. Terry, whilst doing the washing, met a number of them and started talking about about our reasons for being in Fiji. It turns out that they are all missionnaries from various countries. Terry had long discussions with them about the virtues of atheism and of religion!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.433s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb