Nightrider


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
May 16th 2006
Published: May 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Having the scooter definately makes getting around easier, went for a very civilized supper last night, some friends from my last hostel have a little chalet type thing so went round for a 3 course meal!! (i provided the wine and cheesecake) a very pleasant touch of normality, we could of been back in blighty, apart from the humidity and the gecko lizards on the ceiling.

Scootering back in the dark was a little nerve racking, all those shadowy figures at the side of the road, trouble with the scooter is the speedometer does not work, is deliberate so it keeps the mileage down so they can resell for more, fiendish!

Not much else of interest right now, just looking forward to getting back into the action in fiji, may not get much change to update the blog there but we'll see.

One moan is my feet, since they got cut up on the coral the insects have been feeding on me at night, so i have to wear socks in bed, surelly that is the domain of those that read computer hardwear magazines and own X Files DVD boxsets? but it protects my feet.

And I have a lovely little ants nest in my bedside cabinet, at home it'd be straight for the ant spray to terminate the little bastards, but here it's sort of cute.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb