Honeymooning in the Cooks


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Aitutaki
April 17th 2008
Published: May 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After the wedding we went to Aitutaki and Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. We stayed in a little thatch roofed villa at a boutique resort called Etu Moana, which was great. We used the resort's bicycles to go to the shop on the island for regular chocolate supplies and to neighbouring hotels etc for our meals (since we could only get breakfast at our resort) including a couple of Island nights (which seem to happen every couple of days). There was neat snorkelling at the beach in front of our hotel (including a blue starfish) and it was nice and warm to sit back, relax and recover from the wedding. One day we went out on a lagoon cruise (on the yellow boat) where we saw heaps more fish and giant clams! The guy running the cruise took us to the Post Office island where his wife had made heaps of food. We rated it as the best food we had throughout the time that we were in the Cook Islands (although the big passionfruit and papaya that we got everywhere were really good too).

From there we had a few days in Rarotonga, where the weather had become terrible - torrential rains, winds etc. Caleb went to the airport to do some work (meaning contributions were made towards our honeymoon!) and I sat inside reading and watching old movies!


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Catching the fishCatching the fish
Catching the fish

(Well maybe not... but I'll get them next time)
Post Office IslandPost Office Island
Post Office Island

Our yellow boat is in the background
Noisy birdNoisy bird
Noisy bird

They are only found on this one random island in Aitutaki


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0754s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb