The Benefits of Using Folding Camper Trailers


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 16th 2017
Published: March 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Camping is a popular Australian pastime, with countless families looking forward to weekend getaways and Christmas holidays where they can make the most of the country’s great outdoors. While many people choose to make use of the classic caravan and the ever popular tent, there are a number of benefits that come with using folding camper trailers. This article will highlight how camper trailers can be a cost-effective, time-saving and space-saving option when it comes to selecting a means of shelter for your future camping endeavours.


What are Camper Trailers?




Before detailing the benefits of camper trailers, it’s important to give an overview of what exactly they are and how they function. Also known as folding trailer tents, camper trailers are often built with adventurous outdoor types in mind, making them extremely durable and hardwearing. Camper trailers are essentially a combination of trailer and tent and come in three different varieties, including soft floor, hard floor and forward folding varieties. The trailer will feature either a hard fold out floor that completely seals in the tent and framing, or a soft canvas cover that will need to be fastened down. When the lid is opened, the tent simply folds out (often with the help of a winch) and is held in place by the rigid framing. Additional framing can then be set up and extra rooms can be attached. Camper trailers usually come complete with fold out kitchen facilities, a double bed mattress, storage space, and other useful extras.


The Benefits



They Save Time



Modern life is often busy, so when it comes to holidays and weekends, making the most of your time off is usually a high priority. Being able to pull up to a camping site and quickly fold out and assemble a forward folding camper trailer is a huge benefit for those whose time is at a premium. After all, time spent setting up a tent and nailing in pegs is time that could be spent enjoying other outdoor activities.


They Save money




Along with time, money can also be saved when you opt to purchase a camper trailer over a campervan or caravan. Camper trailers are a great option for those who want to enjoy the benefits of a campervan or caravan at a fraction of the cost. Savings aren’t just made on the initial purchase, either – once a camper trailer has been purchased, owners need only pay for a camping site or can even camp for free in some areas, resulting in great accommodation savings.


Camper Trailers are Compact




One of the great benefits folding camper trailers offer is the fact that they’re compact. Camper vans and caravans are great, but they come with a hefty price tag and can take up much more room than folding camper trailers. While tents are more compact than caravans and campervans, they do take up valuable car space, which can cause problems with large families. Fortunately, folding camper trailers offer lovers of the outdoors a cost-effective and space-saving alternative to campervans, caravans and tents.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 4; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb