A Contrast between Luxury and Budget Hotels


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
January 19th 2017
Published: January 19th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Starting a hotel business can be a bit hard especially if you are not well prepared. Understanding the business and what types of services are offered is very important. This is why you should spend some quality time doing market research before you invest in the hotel industry.

A hotel can be simply defined as an establishment in which one pays in order to receive lodging for a given short period of time. Hotels used to be simple businesses that offered some basic needs such as a bed, small table, and communal toilets. Over time, they have grown into big businesses with modern facilities; this has also led to an increase in their pricing. If you are looking for the best in accommodation Mornington Peninsula, there are two main choices of hotels that you can choose from. Based on how much money you are willing and capable of spending, you can either go for a budget or luxury hotel. The following points will help you to better understand the two types of hotels:

1)Cost

Even when you are looking to find accommodation in a luxurious hotel, you still need to work on your budget. However unlike the budget hotels, in the luxurious ones, you will have to part with a good amount of money. Though you will be paying huge sums of money, you tend to get better quality services when staying in a luxury hotel. These are best suited for people who are going on holiday and are willing to spend money.

On the other hand, budget hotels are those that come with an affordable cost based on their location. For example, a budget hotel in Los Angeles could be more expensive than a similar hotel in a different part of the country. It’s important that you plan well for your money so that you don’t end up cutting your stay short due to lack of funds.

2)Facilities and Amenities

The other difference between the two hotels comes in from the type of facilities and amenities offered. Just because a hotel is charging humongous rates, it doesn’t necessarily make it a luxury hotel. A luxurious hotel will have facilities and amenities that are a top of the class both on the outside and inside. Accommodation is much more comfortable and relaxed as opposed to most budget hotels.

Luxury hotels tend to have things such as the faster internet, around the clock car services, efficient room service, and spacious rooms. You will even get Jacuzzis in most of the luxury hotels that are in the market nowadays. The budget hotels might have some of these amenities, but they are never as efficient as those found in luxury hotels.

3)Making Reservations

Since most people tend to use budget hotels while traveling, making reservations can be a little tricky. Unlike the luxury hotels that don’t receive huge numbers of visitors, budget hotels receive more and reservations can get a little bit mixed up.

Being stranded in the streets while on holiday does not paint a great picture; you need to make reservations early. With the use of the internet, people no longer use booking agents for most of their vacations. However, it’s best to make sure that you book in and then confirm your reservation prior to flying out.

Whether you are simply looking for accommodation or you want to have a comfortable stay, its best to know how you spend your money. Accounting for your expenditures will not only keep you in check but also let you know when you are exceeding your budget amount.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.831s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb