How I Plan My Port Macquarie Holidays on Budget


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 16th 2016
Published: December 16th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Last month Archie and I took a business trip to Australia. After I finished working with my clients, we visited Port Macquarie. This was our opportunity to relax and do some sightseeing. We heard that Port Macquarie holidays were wonderful and wanted to see for ourselves.




After my hard work with the clients, it was a relief to be able to escape to a relaxing location with Archie. We travel well together, and always seem to have a wonderful time when we go on vacation expectually Australia 😊




Whenever we take a trip, we look for ways to make our experience as affordable as possible. Our good friends suggested that we get a coupon from Taphouse Rewards. We took their advice and it worked out great. It only took us a minute to register and they sent us our digital rewards card over email. Thanks to this tip from our friends, we ended up saving money at two restaurants during out stay in Port Macquarie.




My husband and I are also always on the lookout for cheap ways to travel, and were delighted to find that round trip tickets to Port Macquarie were under two hundred dollars each. We arrived in the morning, ready for a relaxing day of sightseeing.




The subtropical Port Macquarie weather was nice and warm. When searching for things to do in Port Macquarie, we learned about the Tacking Point Lighthouse which was built in 1879. The Tacking Point Lighthouse is one of the oldest lighthouses in Australia and offers a beautiful view of the ocean. Thanks to our Taphouse Rewards coupon, we saved five percent on food and drinks at the Tacking Point Tavern, located just across from the Tacking Point Lighthouse.




When learning what to do in Port Macquarie, we discovered the Hastings Fine Art Gallery, which is located on the same piece of land as the Historic Maritime Museum. The gallery sells pieces created by artists in the Hastings Valley Fine Art Association, and is a wonderful spot for tourists to visit. We purchased a drawing and a couple gift cards. The drawing is going on our living room wall at home and the gift cards will be mailed to our friends and family.




After stopping by a couple Port Macquarie cafes, we visited the historic St Thomas Anglican Church, a dominating structure that's one of the most historic buildings in Port Macquarie. When looking for more things to do in Port Macquarie, we decided to try out the Port Macquarie Horse Riding Centre, where we experienced a picturesque horse riding tour along the beach and enjoyed the Port Macquarie weather.




Witnessing the beauty and affordability of our surroundings, we understood why Port Macquarie holidays had such a stellar reputation. We asked our guides their personal opinions on what to do in Port Macquarie, and they suggested tourist attractions like the National Art Glass Collection which features a collection of contemporary glass, and the Gulgong Pioneer Museum. We felt thankful that there were so many fun things to do in Port Macquarie.




We also asked our helpful guides about their favorite Port Macquarie cafes, and what to do in Port Macquarie for dinner. We and I ended up dining at the Port Macquarie Hotel pub, where we saved five percent with our Taphouse Rewards coupon card.




When dinner was over, we went for a stroll in the Port Macquarie weather and decided to look for cheap accommodations for the night. We chose the Royal Hotel Grong Grong, which was quite affordable at only thirty five dollars. The next morning, as Archie and I walked past the lively Port Macquarie cafes, we decided that we would plan more Port Macquarie holidays for the future. The natives are friendly and helpful, the tourist attractions are fun, and the scenery is lovely.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb