Well, here we go.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
September 24th 2006
Published: September 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Seems like departure day would never come. Well, it's almost upon us. Suddenly after weeks of planning and waiting it rushes up and you somehow wish you had a few more days to finalize things.
Endless nights surfing the net to find accommodation and read up on places never seem finished or satisfied.
Still, one could go on forever, best to get going. The pools covered, the papers cancelled and the cats in good hands, the chores are nearly all done, the kids and friends bored to death with us wishing we would just GO!
Lots of mixed feelings, Perths weather, although fickle spring, ( wind and rain one day, glorious the next) is just starting to sort itself out and our friends are off camping into the wildflower country and we want to go with them also (bugger Europe!) Daily travel scares, train derailments in Germany, political trouble in Hungary, coups in Thailand, Osama apparently carking it and the bloody Pope striring up the Mossys!
On top of all this the Dockers bomb out, so who cares anymore..........wonder what we can or can't take on board the plane this time........

The weather, acording to the 5 day forecast at our first destination, Copenhagen, has been, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, and 25 degrees C all this week.
The forecast for our arrival on Wed nite is for showers for the duration of our first 4 days, lovely.
Still, we are looking foward to whatever and will (internet cafe permitting) post some hugely interesting, incisive and witty jottings on this blog as we go.

Bye for now,
A & M.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 87; dbt: 0.0755s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb