Portland to Melbourne via Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 24th 2014
Published: December 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Days 11-16 Dec 24 - 29th
Total kms 4350
Kms to 29th 500ish

Portland to Melbourne. Left portland early and drove great ocean rd visiting a few places along the route, GOR was amazing but doing it in the 4x4, not so fun, was going to stay in a hostel but Krystina Simpson, originally Whalsay, offered to keep me a few nights, she said i was to come tae a booze cruise we her and a few pals but had to be at hers before 5.30. Didna think i wid mak it so i continued along stopping in lots of places to take more photos. Coming doon the road i figured i could male it, cant break speed limits here or you get points for going even 1km over, so made it to hers at 5.35, still in the same clothes i jumped on the tram with her, it was a ticketed event ($80 a ticket) so when we got there they told the ones without tickets to sit and wait to see if there was capacity aboard, so they figured there was enough space so just let us go on for free! Where the was free food and presents! So had a grand old time, left the ship at about 11pm, still swaying (due to the motion of the ship in the water... Cough.) and got free entry into some club. It was rubbish so we all called it a night, Krystina got a couple of pizzas and went back tae hers. Christmas day was spend recovering but a group of 7 of us went for food at a restaurant next to the river, i felt very christmassy so had paella with krystina!! Went back to krystinas for a few brewskies then went out in town for a few, nothing much open so stayed out a while and called it a night. On 26th one of the boys that i met at Krystina's offered to let me stay at his till i left so took him up on that. Moved my stuff and car to there and walked to city for a look around, (prob a 3 hr walk there and back). Later i went out with the two boys from Aberdeen that night, had beers at their hostel bar, which was cheap(er), proceeded to meet another boy from Aberdeen there who was also fine. Didn't stay oot to long and went home. On 27th much the same, went walkies and met up at the boys again, ended falling in with a guy from London who was a fine lad, went out for a few with them but had had enough booze by 11pm so went home. On 28th i went on further walkies and planned my next couple of days. Met up with Krystina and her boyfriend, who had just flown in from Sydney, down on the beach so had a fine old time. She was flying back to shetland at night so said cheerio, had a quiet night in tried to get some beauty sleep!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb