A6 Blog #4


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
November 21st 2013
Published: November 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

How is internet censorship different in Australia? Why does government control what people can/can't do on the web?

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/internet-censorship-plan-gets-the-green-light-20091215-ktzc.html#ixzz2lIHvumls



This article says that the government plans to censor the internet after Government-commissioned trials found filtering a blacklist of banned sites was accurate and would not slow down the internet.This was because people were putting complaints on the types of websites people go to. The government says that they will be relying on the evidence hasn't been found. The government said that the websites were to graphic for children. Senator Conroe stated that the Government would immediately undertake public consultations, starting with the release that they signed.



Internet censorship is different in Australia because the Australian Constitution does not have level of government power to i fully regulate online content.The government doesn't want any unsuitable content to be viewed by minors which can be bad for their childhood. Making the Internet safer for children is concerned my state authorities, and people have filed complaints.Australian adults visit sites to material that can legally purchase offline in Australia, including material that is legally sold in Unrestricted magazines. The Government controls what people can/ cant put on the web because a lot of people put a lot of stuff the is not appropriate for minors, and will put a stop to it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb