Melbourne to Darwin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
July 17th 2012
Published: July 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Haven't figured out how to upload photos from my mobile yet.... And no internet access... So may be a little while before I can upload.... First time blogging... So be patient with us :-)

14/7 : Melbourne - Mildura
Completely uneventful... Drove straight through to Mildura, made it to Tash's in time for a lovely vegetarian meal, yummo!

15/7: Mildura - Berri, SA
A very late start... relaxed breakfast and an offer for a neck and shoulder massage that Dani could not refuse, sooo good!
Thanks to those that warned us about the fruit fly quarantine station at the SA/Vic border.... Wow, militant about not transporting fruit/veg into SA.
Provisioned at Berri and set up camp on the Murray River, very nice! AJ's 1st time camping in 20 yrs, heehee. Plenty of friendly brushtail possums scavenging for a free feed.

16/7: Berri - Gluepot reserve
Drove up to Gluepot Reserve, 60km north of Waikerie. Beautiful mallee scrub, birds galore....
Pushing AJ... Went on a 3hr hike before having a civilized dinner with wine :-) crisp night and cold morning air... But got ourselves up early for a quick hike before breakfast, saw Mulga parrots and red-capped robins amongst others - beautiful.
Car got a good work out... Pretty wet/muddy track!

17/7: to Flinders ranges
Wow, turned out to be a bigger drive day than expected. Didn't help that the sunset at 5:30pm and had to drive the last hour to Wilpena in the dark... At least 30 roos on the side of the road and 2 that tried to commit suicide in the front of my car! Anyway... After a lot of driving thru basically grazing land we made it and managed to cook a nice meal of falafels. But friggin cold, my hands are freezing as I'm writing this and watching a roo trying to climb into the back of the truck looking for food! A little habituated??
Expecting it to get down to 1C tonight... Brrrrrrr. Might be a good nite to go to bed early!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb