Australian Update


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 16th 2006
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We took a bus from Canberra to Melbourne. We spent a few days in Melbourne looking around. We went on a trip along the Great Ocean Road - this was very scenic. We also Saw Kangaroos and Koalas in the wild on this trip.

From Melbourne we took 'The Overland' train to Adelaide. This was a 12 hour train journey - much better than the bus because you can get up and walk around. We stayed in Adelaide for a week. There were several festivals happening in Adelaide at that time and so it was hard to find places to stay - we ended up staying in three different places. Adelaide was a nice city - there was a lot going on there (due to the festivals). We went to a few comedy shows. We went to Glenelg for the day - this is a beach suburb of Adelaide. We also went to a wildlife park that has native Australian animals. We were able to hand-feed Kangaroos there.

We took another train 'The Ghan' from Adelaide to Alice Springs. This was an overnight train, leaving at 5:00pm one day and arriving 11:00am the next day. There was not a
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road

This is called 'London Bridge'
lot to see out of the train, but seeing unchanging scenery for miles and miles helped to show the size of Australia. From Alice Springs we went on a three-day camping trip. This was on a mini-bus with about 20 people and a guide. We went to Uluru (Ayers Rock), King's Canyon and other places. This was a very interesting experience - seeing amazing scenery in the outback. Very hot and lots of flies though. Also a long time in the bus.

We are now back in Alice Springs, we got back from the camping trip last night. We are leaving tomorrow to fly to Perth in Western Australia.

- Matt


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

This is more scenery on the Great Ocean Road
Great Ocean RoadGreat Ocean Road
Great Ocean Road

This is more scenery on the Great Ocean Road
KoalaKoala
Koala

Wild Koala
WombatWombat
Wombat

This Wombat was in a wild-life park
WallabyWallaby
Wallaby

Heather feeding a wallaby in the wild-life park


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb