day 76


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
January 5th 2010
Published: January 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

sydneysydneysydney

replica endeavor
happy new year to you all from us all, a new year but the weathers still crap we had a leisurely breakfast in the buffet of the hotel, eat all you can as lauren calls it, and rose and lauren went shopping and i went back down the dock and into the maritime museaum.
it was great to read about the british before we became a third world country. how anyone could sail round the world looking for places to land in a boat not much bigger than jeff badcocks hat is beyond me but still look how lucky all these people were to have us as their 'guests' belive me it could have been much worse.
walking round the museum and reading the stories of kids packed off on thier own at such tender years 6-7 and being landed so far from home bought a tear to the eye.
then the stories of the people who got the cheap sea passages (was it a tenner ?) i know my mums brother and all his family left on such a deal when i was only 5 or 6 and they have never returned, there were loads and loads of such stories.
that night we went to tiddly town again and they ghad a market set up so had to stand there as rose and lauren looked at the clothes (how do they never get bored, its beyond me) and then back to the hotel to pack.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb