Coffs Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
October 19th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Just making use of some free wifi on Coffs Harbour.

We returned to the Blue Montains in the morning and after a short walk to see the Katoomba Falls we were still hungry for more and ended up at Scenic World. For the bargain price of $19 each we took a ride on the worlds steepest railway had a walk around the old coal mining district in the mountain via the boardwalk then headed back to the top in a cable car. Rachel had in fact done all of these things when she was last in Australia but when she reminded me of this I told her to be quiet. The scenery really was amazing and I would definitely recommend it.

Next we set a course for Newcastle and whilst I will admit we did not do much exploring we were not particarlly taken back by it and headed straight to our campsite in nearby (albeit over a bridge) Stockton.

The guy in reception was a bit hostile at first but turned out to be a descent guy. The following morning we made his day with our typically British pronounciation of the town name 'Port Macquarie'. In the evening we sat on the beach with some beers and gave Rachel an opportunity to try out her new coat which will soon be keeping her warm in Canada.

In the morning we went for brunch in Nelsons bay (research will show that this is actually a bit of a detour) then started for the port and on the way stopped to pay some tolls for using Sysney's roads. I won't rant now but will say that they didn't make it easy and this didn't leave me in the best of moods.

We took a scenic diversion to have our lunch in Tuncurry which was nice but I don't think Humphrey was too keen on the roads. The town was pretty cool but there wasn't much going on.

After a good nights sleep we got what will be the first of many early starts. Being on the road by 7.30 allowed us to cover a lot of ground whilst we would usually be sleeping. We diverted to Dorringo for lunch and a waterfall then continued on to Coffs Harbour.

Since arriving here I have very nearly been washed away by the sea and smacked myself in the face with a tennis racquet. These things aside it's a nice place to stay.

Tomorrow Byron Bay! 

Advertisement



19th October 2009

Hi Noss Noss and Ray Ray - tony is in the pub with his kiwi mate Ian having a few birthday beers - would you believe he is 49 today - i am married to an old geezer - i just took a few alone moments to read your blog - i am soooooooooooooo jealous and want to be with you and Rachel (might cramp your style somewhat) - by the sounds of it your excess baggage on the trip home is going to be your over inflamed liver !!! good on ya mate !!!! Probably too late now but my mate Beverley is in Coffs Harbour - think i gave you her number - sounds like your having a great time under your own steam anyway - having a weekend with your mum and dad at the end of oct - tony is moving into position as number one son - i am off to pub now to make sure tony is still up right!!! love to you both and keep safe :-) Aunty Lisa xxxxxxx

Tot: 1.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb