The Real Travel Begins


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
February 12th 2006
Published: February 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So Kayla and I get a phone call at 8:30 in the morning on Friday. Its Fig , he just got in. We packed our bags and set off for some real venturing. We were meeting the boys at Bondi Beach and couldnt wait to see what was in store with respect to our vehicle. We finally get there , in the afternoon after taking trains/busses with our big packs , and chilled out on the beach for awhile. We stayed in our first hostel called Lamrock Lodge , which wasnt too bad... but wasnt exactly the Hilton Hotel. We just want to explain this vehicle to you guys first. okay we walk up the street and the guys are like "hope you like star wars....." we didn't understnd what they meant until we found the vaan....seriously it's a 1980 hippie van that has two seat in the front, and table with 2 benches which at night transforms into a bed that Shawn an Craig sleep in. Not to mention it hads DARTH VADER from star wars painted all on the outside, it's seriously AWESOME. when we get back to sydeny we will try and post a picture.....we have many. okay, we get some food, then get ready for a night on the town. We went to 3 awesome bars right in bondi that were all within wlaking distance from the hostel. it was so fun, the last one played awesome music, and was packed w/ ppl. the bars here are open until like 5 in the morning, we left super late, and there were still ppl pilling into the bar. anyways, the next morning we packed up for a LONG drive to byron bay. once we get into Darth (as we like to call it) to our surprise there was a HUGE spider chillin in the back of the van, were pretty sure it was poisionous. it went into the crevis of the van, but once it came out Fig stabbed it with a branch, it was too funny. after a super long hot drive, and many many card games we made it to byron bay which is a grand bend like hippie town, with tons of young ppl partying everywhere. it was dark once we got there and we tried to get a plcae at at least 6 hostels but they were all full. we had a shower in the ocean, then went out for a couple drinks at the local bar. us, fig, and kris had to sleep on the beach that night because we couldn't find a hostel....the things you hve to do to find a place to sleep is ridiculous. it was okay for us girls cause we had our sleeping bags, and we could leave all our stuff in Darth, but the guys just slept in the sand, brutal. we got up with the sun (today) and left for another hippie town called Nimbin. we can't even describe this place. it's small town between these 2 small mountains, but it's like from the 60's. EVERYONE is a hard-core hippie, and tons of them come up to you and try to sell you drugs, weird. stayed there for some breakfast, then headed for another 2 hours to Surfers paradise. we got here this afternoon, and found a apartment style hostel, it's actually pretty nice. we aren't sure how long we are staying here for, but the 16 bus back to sydney doesn't sound so inviting.....
we'll keep you posted with what goes down in "surfers" as they call it here.
miss everyone, leave a comment love kayls, and hailey

Advertisement



12th February 2006

Peace
Your adventures already sound soooo exciting, how cool is that. The Van sounds so neat, as long as it gets you around eh? Sleeping on the beach well as long as its safe. Enjoy every minute you two we love hearing about everything it dosen't feel that you are on the other side of the world that way.Can't wait to see pitcures soon. Love and Miss You 2, Mom (cindy)
12th February 2006

13th February 2006

:)/:(
OOO GiRLiES** It sounds like you two are having just the time of your life:D! Adventures are so fun arent they! I really enjoy reading your entries lol..miss yous very mucH* XoXo

Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb