Day 13 - Day at Sea


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
November 15th 2008
Published: November 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After boarding the ship yesterday, eating, and then exploring the ship, we ended up sleeping in a bit. Granted, the one-hour time change made it seem a lot later than it actually was, but rolling out of bed at noon was one of our first opportunities to SLEEP IN! (It was also a rainy and overcast day so it adds to the sleeping in mentality.) Today is a day at sea so the usual on-board activities were plentiful.

Today we are traversing the Tasman Sea between Australia and New Zealand. A whole lot of grey hovering over a deep blue ocean…

We both took in a workout at the Aqua Spa Gymnasium. The gym is located in the front of the ship and the front windows provide a great 180-degree panoramic view of the ocean ahead of us. The equipment is newer and the gym is not crowded. (This isn’t quite a the gym bunny crowd.)

We dined in the Ocean Café for lunch. There are a wide variety of foods to include a made-to-order pasta station, pizza bar, sandwich bar, salad bar, and other miscellaneous hot and cold morsels.

After lunch and showers, we ventured up to the Cosmos Nightclub for a rousing game of Bingo…and after losing each and every game quite handedly, we ventured back to our room and prepared for dinner.

We skipped dinner in the Metropolitan Restaurant tonight as it was formal night and we decided it wouldn’t be worth the hassle packing a coat for just two dinner nights while we were going to be away for the month. From what we heard later, dinner was not that special so we’ll accept that as truth and enjoy the other dozen meals we ate earlier in the day.

Kip concluded his evening with a stop off in the casino where he made a few bucks.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0186s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1011.4kb