Australia...final thoughts


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
February 6th 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What a trip we have had, from the very cold southeast coast (if you call rainy 24C cold, we found it warm, but the locals were complaining) to the humidity of the northeast. The hot dry area in the centre, and finally the warm Indian ocean in the west. We have many great memories of meeting great friends, interesting travellers, and seeing many wonderful sights. From the wild animals to the wild jungles, we got a really good taste of it all. I remember swatting flies for hours as we circled the rock, and Penny remembers the 40C heat in the desert, finally finding a place she felt confindent in leaving her hat and mittens in the car. The wonderful hospitality of our friends on the east coast, and not worry about putting us to work to earn our keep 😊 Penny felt like a champ on the boat to the reef as Murray was ready to collect the refund on a no hurl policy held by the tour company. Penny loved swimming under the waterfall during the falls tour in the Tablelands. From the beginning, we were seeing so many things familiar, like the lifestyle and way of living...then so many different things, like the slang and wildlife. Penny remembers her first "squashed lemon" drink as a great day at the club in Narooma (her first "lemon squash" was a few days before on a nice sunny day touring the blue mountains). And of course, the final few days kegging out on the beach, getting in a swim, and checkin' out the dolphins. It has been a very cool country to visit, and we have wetted our appetite for more...this place definitely tasted like another.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb