Bathurst/Lawrence crosses down under in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
November 18th 2007
Published: November 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

View from our roomView from our roomView from our room

Beautiful skyscrapers built along the Yarra river
G'day mates:

Well after a great uneventful 20 hour flight, we landed in Melbourne at noon Sun. - I think that's 4 in the mroning about 4 days ago your time! Anyway, sky was blue and it was absolutely gorgeous out. We were taken to the "beautiful beautiful" Langham Hotel, exquisite in every way. We had a free day today because our tour doesn't start til Mon. so first we went to see some lovely botannical gardens. Then we started wandering around the fabulous architecture all along the Yarra River which our hotel banks on. The architecture was a mix of beautiful and classic buildings together with spectacular sky scrapers. There were all kinds of bistros and cafes along the river, and then we wandered into a whole cultural mecca. Sort of like Hummingbird, AGO, and Lincoln centre all around the river. After we saw a neat multi-media show of a famous Aussie Christian Marclay we stumbled upon "if you can believe it" a Jewish Film Festival. Only in Melbourne, where we found out there is a population of about 50,000 Jews - the largest number out of 200,000 in all of Australia. So we get tickets to what turns out to be a fabulous movie called Sweet Mud - if you ever get a chance definitely not to be missed. And when we look around at who the audience is, we could swear we were in United Bakers at Lawrence plaza! It was very funny. All the people here are SO nice and friendly, and everything is clean and it feels in many ways like being back home.

Tomorrow our tour starts, and we get to meet our bus mates (and our 9 plane mates), and our leader - so stay tuned.

Hope you are all great and bundle up - I hear it is getting cold back there!

x0x0x


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



18th November 2007

not sure which g'day today is!?
Sounds like a fantastic start to what I'm sure will be an amazing journey. David... when they poured the coffee at Bigbucks, did it swirl the other way? Very impressed with the pics... keep 'em coming. xo
18th November 2007

G'Day
Glad you made it safe and sound. You both look pretty doggone good for a 20 hr flight! Have fun
22nd November 2007

You There...We Here
Sounds Absolutely Fabulous AB-FAB....You both look happy and healthy!! Enjoy the trip. Maybe the Millers should start a blog about making their way down Bayview during a snowstorm? Miss you both.... Sherry and Albert

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb