Quantas Flight to Singapore


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
August 24th 2007
Published: August 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

August 24, 2007 Sydney to Singapore
Last night we went stayed in the International Airport hotel Sydney. It was the closest hotel and it had an opening. Oh my, was it something. The only room left was a ground floor room that had a glass door that opened up to the parking lot. Lets just say that the room might have been in a horror movie. The glass door did not lock so we had to have management lock it from the outside with a key, the main door to the hallway had a deadbolt but when you turned it, there wasn’t a bolt. The security chain was broken off. I felt safe when I saw there were a lot of families staying there, but we still put the table in front of the door and a suitcase in front of the hall door. We had dinner and then went to bed early since we had to get up early and the only thing around the hotel was a sketchy neighborhood. Around 11:00 the fire alarm went off, so we started moving all the suitcases stacked up in front of the door, ok it was just mine cause it’s the heaviest. Everybody was outside waiting for the manager, when he came to turn the alarm off. Apparently somebody was taking a shower and didn’t have the door shut which causes the alarm to go off, wonderful. I’m wondering if they have heard of bathroom fans.
This morning we woke up and were thankful the brick sitting next to the glass door hadn’t moved. We held our breath at the airport hoping that everything would be ok. At the ticket desk we were told that we were booked on the flight, BUT Gulf Air hadn’t paid or endorsed the tickets over to Quantas Air. Courtney, the woman from Quantas was so helpful; she called all around and spoke with a supervisor in the international terminal. We then had to get on a bus and meet a supervisor at the international terminal. Courtney put us on a later flight so we wouldn’t miss the 8:00 one. At the International terminal we had to speak to a charming, not at all, guy who told us it was our fault. Huh, we had to go all the way over there for that. I informed him that he didn’t know the facts so he did some investigating and we were given vouchers. We then had to go back to the Domestic Terminal and give Courtney our vouchers. We then went through Security for the third time in about an hour. We then held our breath that we would be able to get on the flight and there wouldn’t be another problem. Well, we made it. We are now on the flight to Singapore after basically giving the gate people our tickets and then running down to get on the plane. The flight attendants kept walking past before the doors shut and we were still worried that they would say, “I’m sorry, we are going to have to ask you to get off the plane as Gulf Air has canceled the vouchers”. But they didn’t! Courtney, from Quantas made sure we had the first row of Economy so we could have some extra leg room, she was the best and I am on my second movie. The plane we are on is great because it has movies and TV and CD’s on Demand so we can watch what we want when we want. I have already watched Will Ferrell in spandex ice skating with another man in Blades of Glory. They even have “Love Actually” so I can watch that movie for the 50th time. I love it. So everything has worked out so far, it has just taken awhile and a lot of nerves. Now, the last two days of the blog probably don’t make sense and I’m basically complaining the whole time. But I thought I would share it with you. Aren’t you lucky? Singapore Slings, here I come!!! Oh and spring rolls too. Mmm mm good.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb