East Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
June 8th 2007
Published: June 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Right, we're back in business. Working days are behind us and we're on the road again.

Left sydney 4 wks ago in our ford falcon station wagon, shes a beauty. runs like a dream, no problems to date. but we have the toughest part of the journey to go. west through the northern territory to Darwin. Its supposed to be bleak!!

First stop out of Sydney was Port Macquarie. Nice spot, quiet start though. Highlight was a sunset cruise on the harbour looking at dolphins and the sunset (funnilly enough). Little were we to know that this would be the first of many offers to go see the dolphins. every man and his dog up the coast offers to bring you out to see the dolphins. they're everywhere. anyway, coming back in on the boat we saw one of the most unusual things, about 1 million fruit bats, which are about the size of a labrador, flying out over the ocean from the national park, going hunting. Amazing. 1st day down, all well bar 3rd degree burns for aine, our back seat passenger for the trip.

After here was Noosa, a cool little town with some beautiful sights. I had just bought my rod here, so I did a nice bit of fishing. Caught 1 miserable flat head, which I had to throw back but no one was catching and it was a beautiful place so I wasn't too bothered. At the end of the day I hit the beach to try some surf casting. When i finished i went to clean my knike in a suspicious looking pool on the beach. Before I knew it, I was waist deep in quick sand and sinking fast. My faint girly whimpers were heard by one old man who came over and watched!!!! I struggled out using my knife to claw my way up the sand. Scary stuff though. Phone got ruined also so I've been off the radar for a while.

Highlights since then have been:

Frazer Island - the worlds largest sand Island. You rent a 4wd and head out with a group of people to drive around the island, get wet and get pissed. Good laugh, beautiful spot but its definetly over rated. its a must do on the east coast but why, we're not too sure. the whole trip seemed to be about getting locked, which we're not averse to, but with about 10,000 young, english punks running about, it can get a bit manic. I nearly came to blows with one of them, but he thought better of it ;-). All over the island there are dingo's running around, trying to steal your food or the likes. They have killed before so they're not to be messed with.

We stopped in the Town of 1770 for a few days and did a sunset motor bike trip around on choppers with Hot Rod!Great Craic!

Next stop was Rockahampton to do Capricorn Daves tour. A day out in the bush with crazy dave included standing on an ant nest, stomping and dancing to see how long you can take the biting! Millions of them on your legs in a second to make ant socks! We held some spiders, lizards, licked an ants ass and saw the 2nd deadliest snake in Oz.All in all a great trip.

Whitsundays was next. Sailing around the islands, visited Whitehaven beach(unfortunately is was raining AGAIN for us) but still looked awesome! Snorkelling was the highlight of the trip over some beautiful coral and tropical fish.

Now in Cairns, doing our Scuab diving course over the next 5 days, with 3 days living on the great barrier reef...Noyce!!!

Check out the pics....

Slan anois!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0672s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb