Flying to Perth with excess baggage


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
April 3rd 2007
Published: April 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Our Route in South Africa



Our Route in South AfricaWell it's actually the 3rd now as I'm writing this entry on the plane to Perth. All I can say is we had a wonderful time in Cape Town and the western cape. It’s such a great place and one we’ll definitely return too!

Unfortunately we’ve not had the best trip so far from South Africa to Perth. After dropping the car off earlier today/yersterday morning we flew without any problems to Joburg with British Airways. We had been told many bad things about Joburg airport, in particular people stealing stuff from your luggage, so we “cling wrapped” our cases in Cape Town.

After arriving on-time in Joburg we had to collect our luggage and walk across to the International Terminal. While checking in with SA Airlines our bags we weighed and we were told we were 16kg overweight and had to pay for the excess. Well fine we thought how much can it be? After Kirsten had stood in the queue for 30mins I had to tell a check-in clerk that if they did not hurry up we would miss our flight. Finally we got somebody with half a brain to hrlp us only to be told by this arrogant scumbag that we would need to pay 350 pounds for excess baggage. Well Kirsten, quite understandably went crazy and after 30 mins of standoff they reduced it to 200 pounds.

All I can say is that;

1) the SA staff we incredibly rude
2) could not do their jobs or were poorly trained. This we understand is rife in SA since the sway of power since apartheid. It seems the SA government are trying to force workforce equality by putting unskilled more poorly educated people in jobs previously not done by the black community.
3) It hasn’t got any better on the flight, the service and food has been dreadful
4) DON’T FLY SOUTH AFRICAN AIRLINES THEY ARE SHIT!!!!!!!

Anyhow not to worry we’re looking forward to Perth and it’s time to get some shut eye before we land.

Ta Ta for now K & M


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb