the east coast of oz, continued.......


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
March 5th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

face mask's in 1770face mask's in 1770face mask's in 1770

mill's what are you doing?
well well, you lucky people ive finally managed to find the time to continue my blog and let you know of all the crazy goings on that we've all had, however ive got a lot to write about and it all happened quite a lot long time ago so i may not be able to be as specific and detailed as i have been in previous entrys( do i hear cheers of joy??)

ok so after our chilled out few days at airle beach we decided to continue our lazy attitude to the east coast and we went to a tiny little town south of airle called 'town of 1770' a beautifal place which seemed like it was run by hippies! our hostel was awesome like a little travelling community! there was a home cooked meal every night and there were hammocks outside all the rooms! how great is that! so needless to say we had our hearts set on a lot of hammock action and not a lot else, but the temptaion of all the activitys that this small town had was just too much, so not only did we do a days surfing, with the single most stereotypical aussie as our teacher, but we also did a sea kayaking trip, where we went out in to the ocean and caught loads of waves needless to say we fell in a lot, but worse than that me and mills managed to fall in in the calm water while we were paddeling out to sea (the first people ever to manage it the instructor proudly told us) i blame mills for that one ! also we went on a 'scooteroo' trip where we all hired out mini harley davidson replicas in a massive group and toured aroung the surrounding towns and coast line, was so much fun. of course our time in 1770 would'nt have been the same whith out a few trips to the one and only pub in the town, which on one occasion me and mills (i swear he's a bad influence) ended up at some random house party dancing in there garden with randoms in to the early hours! was an awesome place to visit and though we didnt get quite the chilled out time we were looking for it turned out to be much better than we first thought!

now comes to a bit of the trip we had all been looking forward too for some time, harvey bay and fraser island! once arrived at our destination in harvey bay the gateway to the infamous fraser island, we settled in and because of our long coach trip we juct chillaxed that night wanting to make the most of our 3 day 2 night trip starting the following day!
we had to be up at some ridiculus hour the next day to watch a saftey video of all the do's and donts and fraser!( which was made all more amusing because of some guy called questions, dont ask ! ) there was a group of about 25 of us split between 3 4x4 beasts! no guide and no one to tell us what we were meant to do, just a suggested itinerary and 3 full tanks of gas! so after our shopping trip buying supplys for the 3 days ( which as you can imagine,mainly contained alcohol) and a short ferry ride we all arrived on the island beautifal weather and we were all pretty keen to get going to we set off in a convoy up a insane dirt road with pothole's drop offs
elli creek elli creek elli creek

how cool are we ....?
and trees in the path! way more crazy than we had thought it was going to be but we hadnt got stuck yet so we thought we were doing ok ! after about an hour of driving these mental dirt tracks we ended up on the beach an amazing sight! sand as far as you could see in both directions, this is where most of the driving is done, a speed limit of 80k and a warning to be carefull of washouts hidden drop off's on the beaches! so we flew up to the north of the island which was great fun just cruzing along these expansive sands! we got to the desitnation and after a short climb found ourselves at the top of indians head a lookout where you could often see sharks and dolphins, but our luck wasnt in so we continued up to our next stop champagne pools! which sounded a lot nicer than it was but we were all glad of a chance to cool off in the pools evan though the weather had deteriated somewhat. then we decided to find a place to camp! so after a short drive with a lot of getting stuck in the sand and having to get out and push we found a spot just off the beach on the east side of the island, we all set up our camping gear and i made a start on the bbq which was a lot of hassle considering the equiptment we had going! but it came together in the end and when we had all had a good feed we started on the goon ! my favorite! all 25 of us all sat round on a tarpaulin played drinking games and drank and sang away untill the very very early hours! we had an awsome group with us so its was easy to get on with everyone and we all had a sweet night!
after managing a short amount of sleep in the tents we all woke up to blistering sunshine and a shit load of horse flies which proved to be a bit of a problem, as we couldnt just jump in the sea unless you wanted to get stung by a jellie or eaten by a shark, and becasue of the tides we couldnt drive on the beach untill midday so we were stuck with only one option,, beach cricket!
finally the tide went out and we headed back to the south to place called elli creek. this place was amazing the most beautiful place we had seen for a long time! afer a short walk to the top of the creek you literally jumped in and then just floated down to the laggon at the bottom taking in all the scenery on the way down we did this for a while and evan managed to get on a tv show called the great outdoors! so keep you eyes peeled for our cameo on that.
then it was an hour or so trek through the rainforest to our next destination which was incredible! we arrived hot and sweaty at this secluded lake with a surrounded by forest and sand dunes!
so it was time to find camp again so we trekked back and found a spot without too much hassle and again got the cooking going followed by some more drinking games and goon drinking! only this night we were found by a group of dingos! great fun the girls were all getting scared, but the dingos didnt pose much threat so we all just carried on till late
some beautifal lakesome beautifal lakesome beautifal lake

the name escapes me
and then went out on to the beach to watch the stars it was amazingly clear and a really nice way to end our 2nd night on fraser! on our third and final day we were all pretty jaded and in much need of a shower and a decent meal!! so we spent the day going to another 3 lakes all as idillic as the one on the previous day! lake makensie especially, where we spent the remaning hours on the island, and roo ate a kilo of proccesed ham as a bet ! hero! we made the insane dirt track route back to the ferry port! though it was some of the best days we had had in oz and the group was awesome, we all needed to be back on the mainland with a decent pub lunch! so thats exactly what we did.
the rest of our time in harvey bay was pretty chilled out we just drank at the hostel witht he guys from our trip(question's was still on form) and played some cricket!

well ok im not going to write a great deal about noosa, it was an awesome place really beautifal little town on the sunshine coast, very rich and reletavly unspoilt. now we did pretty much nothing in our time here we had one night out (which was ok) and we went to the beach on one day to surf (which was cool) but the reason for this is that the cricket was on and so we spent most of the time glued to the widescreen hoping we could dick the aussies! and we did so it was all worth while! also before it slips my mind we went on a day trip to the great steve irwins zoo! sooo much fun the atmosphere was a bit wierd for abvious reasons and there were a lot of memorials, but the zoo was cool as. croc and snake shows and all sorts of things like that.

alrightly next up was brisbane, we had 10 nights( ithink) booked in an awesome hostel called bunk, nice room great location with a really cheap in house bar wich seemed to bit a hit with all the locals as well so it was rarely anything other than full! so needless to say that almost all of our time in brisbane was taken up with drinking sessions! ( sorry mom) but it was awesome the first place we went out was on valentines day i think it was called the down under bar, it was mental full house with loads of events going on including a wet t-shirt contest(which of course i didnt watch......) it was a sweet night out we met a load of sound people a few that we had met up with in previous places on the coast. im not gonna tell you guys about everynight out cos i think it would get boring, and shit the internets not cheap out here! but i will get to the main event, NOFX for those of you that dont know who they are.....find out, there awesome. we had tickets to go and see them for ages so we had been pretty hyped about the night far a long time. now on the way to the gig we decided to go for a quick pint in the elephant and wheelbarrow, as the que was pretty harsh, however we sat our selves down looked to the table adjacent and there sat fat mike and eric melvin, about 2/3 foot away had to do a double take, how fucking cool, drinking with the band just before we go and see them play! anyways the gig was insane one of the most hard core mosh pits going, and we stayed in there for the duration of there 1 and a half hour set, needless to say when we came out i was battered and sweat soaked, but it was the best gig ive bin to for ages so it was all very much worth while ( didnt play stickin in my eye though..)
any ways thats about as good as it gets for brisbane, its a cool city with a lot of good places to drink but....thats about it.

next up surfers paradise, we had heard a hell of a lot of mixed reports wbout this place it was a small city right on the beach famous for its..., you've guessed it, surfing. so when we got there i thought it was gonna be a few days chilling on the beach after the madness of brisbane! but no, when we got there we realised that not only was it good for surf but the "backpackers night out" was pretty famous too, this was an organised trip where you pay about a tenner and you get free entry to clubs free drinks, food, and a ride there on the party bus. to put it simply it was bout 250 backpackers out on the smash with a couple of reps. so of course we had to do that, twice! the first time was just a normal party but the second time we did it was a 'white t-shirt party' where all 250 had on identical white t's and a marker pen, needless to say the night was fuckin crazy lots of dancing and random games played! awesome fun man.
but we did manage to do other things in surfers we spent a lot of time on the beach ( the weather was amazing) and we evan went to a water park 'wet an wild world' great fun it was like were all kids for the day again, or as they all keep reminding me, i still am!

byron bay for me was everything it was hyped up to be it was a small town on the coast ( the most easterly point in oz) with a lot to live up to. the beaches were amazing and the surf was nuts on one beach we went to the waves were like 2 and a half meters which when the beach isnt lifeguarded its pretty crazy! so we did a lot of beaching. also the hostel we were staying at was probobly the best i had been at, we had are own sort of appartmet right next to the bar and the pool, spot on! but of course for all this chilling out on the beach there had to be a few nioghts out so we went out to the most famous bar in town called cheeky monkeys! it was a quality couple of nights out we had in there, lots of dancing on tables and general mayhem! to end our trip in byron we went to a place called nimbin, now this place is basically i tiny little hippy village set up ages ago by people who didnt want to be forced to go to war, and now its like amsterdam! now of course i didnt do any of the 1000's of drugs that were offered to me but the place its self was so cool, with a museum in the centre like no other i had been to.
anyways after the delights of nimbin it was off back down the coast all the way to sydney again.

after the 15 hour coach ride we checked it to our hostel which after the luxuys of byron bay wasnt so appealing, we were right in the heart of kings cross and you cant walk 10 meters out of the hostel with out being offered drugs or prostitutes, so its a bit of a change. all we've done really so far in syd is mardi gras which needless to say was a touch on the gay side but a lot of fun anyways!

so we're back down to melbourne for a couple of weeks mainly so we can go out drinking with the cast from neighours.....
apologys for the briefness of some of the destinations but hey i think you's guys only look at the pictures any ways!! and im still half -cut !



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



21st March 2007

Hows My Hat
Yo Yo Yo, hows the fab 5 Doing? The blog looks great. Nice to see your having such a good time, even if you did have to run into Soya!! hows is the hat? i bet you lost it in the airport at Heathrow! anyway, you are missed, and i'm looking forward to kicking all your asses on the darts! You fuckin' knows it. Jones out.
26th March 2007

Amazin! xxx
Well sam, I knew ud have an amazin experience but WOW! dead jelous Im honestly speachless it all looks too good to be true! enjoy every moment (as you are by the look of ur fotos)lol! keep us posted! kisses bex xx

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb