All good things come to an end


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia
December 16th 2006
Published: December 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Dec 16th - Day 30

Headed back to Brisbane today to spend my last full day/night with Tim and Hels. The journey went smoothly and but for a little confusion at Brisbane airport met up with Tim and Hels no worries. It was really nice to see them again, and it seems like ages since I was last here. It was also good to catch up on news of Simon and Lisa who as we speak were cruising down the east coast in their newly acquired camper van, with Simon living the life of a true sufer dude.

We headed into town via the train and sought out an English pub, which apparently are the best, for a beer before a meal. I then trailed after Tim and Helen as we tried to find another of their favourite pubs. In the end we didn't find it but ended up in an Irish bar, which was equally as nice I'm sure. We then bussed to China town and found a Thai restaurant. All was going well until an alarm somewhere in the street meant that the gas had to be turned off and no further cooking could happen. This would have been okay, except that me and Hels had our meals but Tim was still waiting. So after a little hassling they brought him out a meal in the meantime, but then tried to charge us for it when it was obvious his original order was never going to come. After that back to Wynnum to watch live football from England. Tim and Hels still hang on to their English roots, which tends to include football and the antiques roadshow. It was a good night though and nice to have company and people to talk to. And also sad to think this was my last night in Australia, especially as its been an epic journey and time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1008.2kb