Perth for a few days


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia
May 6th 2015
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

By the Brook restaurantBy the Brook restaurantBy the Brook restaurant

Lovely setting with fine cuisine.
Geo: -31.9484, 115.84

Douglas picked us up from the Perth airport and we went to visit my Dad. Spent most of Wed with Dad chatting, doing chores and sorting out iPad comms issues. Very fine spanish mackerel and chips from the local shop for dinner.

We're staying at the Wyndham Outram (where we have a points ownership), centrally located in West Perth and very quiet. Morag has very kindly lent us her car while she is holidaying in Europe. I've finally got this blog ship-shape after my TravelPod app had a seizure coping with the dodgy Internet links.

Lunch on Thu at By the Brook restaurant at Parkerville in the Perth hills. Very flexible menu (they pretty much would cook you anything based on the menu) and good food.

On Fri Robyn had some shopping time with Angela and that evening we had a lovely dinner with our Perth-based shipmates from an earlier cruise.

On Sat 9th we spent time with Stef and Angela and had drinks then a long lunch at the East Fremantle Yacht Club. We had a good catch up and met their new sable sheltie, Piper.

Super take-away food on Sunday from the Hawker's Cuisine on Francis St in Northbridge. Then VA473 to
DinnerDinnerDinner

At Perth city's Holiday Inn with our friends George and Marlene, Michael and Janet.
Brisbane, 2245-0510. Boeing 737-800, 176 seats 3x3. We were successful in our auction bid for an upgrade to the pointy end. First time we've tried that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Outram bathroomOutram bathroom
Outram bathroom

Looking through the two way shower to the jacuzzi.
East Freo Yacht ClubEast Freo Yacht Club
East Freo Yacht Club

Pretty ordinary Mexican food but we topped up the copious alcohol consumed on the Frodj's deck and had a great afternoon.


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb